|Vocal Classes at Eastern Fare Music Foundation|
Vocal music is a type of music performed by one or more singers, with or without instrumental accompaniment, in which singing provides the main focus of the piece. Vocal music typically features lyrics, although there are notable examples of vocal music that are performed using non-linguistic syllables, sounds, or noises, sometimes as musical onomatopoeia.
Many a times, people ask 'if the voice a musical instrument?'. It is indeed. In Sama Veda the voice is called Gatra Vina or Shariri Vina, means Body-Instrument.
At Eastern Fare, the teachers of vocal music emphasize on certain elements before starting the courses for an individual student, like -
- A voice type (A particular human singing voice identified as having certain qualities or characteristics of vocal range),
- Vocal weight ('Lightness' or 'heaviness' of a singing voice.),
- Tessitura (The most musically acceptable and comfortable range for a given singer. It is the range in which a given type of voice presents its best-sounding texture ),
- Vocal timbre (Also known as tone color. Basically the quality of the voice.), and
- Vocal transition points (Such as breaks and lifts within the voice. Eg., baritone, alto, soprano, tenor, etc.).
- Introduction to Different Genre of Vocal Music
- Voice Culture
- Stream selection
- Indian Classical
- Notation Systems – Indian, Solfa and Staff
- Sight Reading
- Indian Music – Sargam exercises, Taal, Laya, That, Basic Raags, Alap, Taan, etc.
- Western Music – Tonal exercises, Voice modulation, Various vocal styles, Songs
- Modern Songs – Assamese, Hindi and English
- Devotional Songs
Apart from vocal music, the branches also provide classes for Guitar, Keyboard, Piano, Drums and other musical instrument classes. The branches in North east now provide courses in Contemporary, Sattriya, Bharatanatyam and other classical dance forms.
Ankur Deka is a Master of Musicology in Indian Classical Music and has a degree in Alternate Medicine. He is presently working on subjects like Music Therapy, Ethnomusicology and Indian Music. He is also a singer, songwriter and composer. He has been composing music for over thirty years in various languages including Assamese, English, Hindi and Mizo.
Click Here to contact Eastern Fare Music Foundation's Guwahati and Shillong branches.
For private classes Contact 75780 13817. Please note: private classes (1 on 1 class) are offered only at the institute and not at home.
Click Here for the fees structure.